Monday, March 05, 2012

My (Little) Big Helper

I have the joy of declaring that I officially have a great little helper.

I don't have to put dirty clothes on the floor into the basket; they are put away for me. Of course, they aren't organized the way I like or anything, but they are picked up.

When hanging up shirts, I don't have to reach for hangars as they are handed to me. Granted, I tend to hang shirts up a bit slower than my helper deems right.

Once dirty diapers are put into their trash bags, I don't have to get up and put them into the trash bag because my little helper does it for me.

Toys are regularly picked up from wherever they are lying around. Small problem- they are simply moved to lay in another location, not in its intended "put away" spot.

As soon as I begin to prepare us all to go out, Aidan's shoes and mine are gathered and given to me. Sadly, the shoes picked tend to be the shoes I was not planning on wearing because they just don't match :/

I don't have to bend to put clothes from the washer into the dryer. I need to simply gather the clothes from the washer and hand them to my helper, who then places them into the dryer and closes the door.

But, again, small problem: I simply want to dry my clothes, not my son. What happens when my little helper puts himself in the dryer along with the wet clothes???


Oh Lord, thank you for the many blessings that you have given me in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment